Giuliani and Navarro know it now: The Trump reckoning has begun
- A pair of powerful rulings in civil cases against two top Trump advisers offers another illustration of how the court system can stand up against the sheer lawlessness of such behavior.
- The rulings against Trump advisers Rudy Giuliani and Peter Navarro amounted to: Stop this nonsense. It’s not nice to fool with federal judges.
- The ruling against Giuliani cited his repeated and flagrant failure to comply with his legal obligations to turn over relevant information to the other side.
- The judge in the Navarro case said Navarro couldn’t use the executive privilege claim in defending himself.
- Reckonings take time, but in a system governed by the rule of law, they eventually arrive.
Another rational, fact-based evisceration of Trump and his Republican henchmen for their despicable use of character assassination in their attempt to overthrow the legal results of the 2020 presidential election. By rallying behind Trump as their 2024 presidential nominee, Republicans are continuing their legacy of lawlessness and the gross immorality established by McCarthyism, Watergate, and Iran-Contra. The Republicans’ main contribution to America comes strictly from the dark side.