Links to Reporting on Georgia Politics in Election Year 2018
Ballotpedia is probably the best all-around reference guide. It provides links and information on all of Georgia’s contests. Info on state-wide races particularly useful.
Late July Poll on GA Election
Republicans don’t fare all that well!
- ADVANCE VOTING
- ABSENTEE VOTING BY MAIL
- For other voting information, including registration information, and precinct location, visit MY VOTER PAGE
Is Stacey Abrams Assembling a New Democratic Majority?
New York Times, April 30, 2018
- …in the Georgia primary campaign for governor, Stacey Abrams, the former minority leader of the Georgia House of Representatives…(takes) a momentous step closer to becoming the first black woman in the nation to be elected governor. Ms. Abrams will have entered that office lifted by the political power of a multiracial coalition led by the Democratic Party’s most powerful voting bloc, black women.
- Abrams’s campaign represents the first time a statewide candidate is embracing the political hopes and dreams of black women — who make up a whopping 30 percent of the Democrats in the Georgia primary (held on May 22)
- By insisting on the strategy of appealing to white Republican and moderate voters, Democrats have lost over and over again with a population that is nearly a majority of people of color
- The math is clear: Black voters are a quarter of Democrats, and black women have the highest turnout. If Ms. Abrams advances from the Democratic primary to the general election for governor of Georgia, her multiracial base stands the best chance at turning Georgia blue.