Toggle the Widgetbar
The Washington Post on April 4 published an article by Gary Abernathy, “I don’t care if ‘Roseanne’ is pro-Trump. I just hope it’s pro-civility.” In addition to being a Post columnist, Abernathy is publisher and editor of the Hillsboro (Ohio) Times-Gazette. He is a leading apologist for Donald Trump’s corrupt and immoral regime that has abandoned any semblance of regard for God’s Commandments or Jesus’ Golden Rule. Here is my comment:
What a crock of horse manure. I long ago anointed Gary Abernathy as America’s chief yahoo, and this column proves my choice beyond the shadow of a doubt. Yes, I’m a Democrat, but my horror at what Trump is doing to this country long ago ceased to have anything to do with partisan politics.
I am appalled at the level of pure racism, sexism, ignorance, anti-intellectualism, and xenophobia Trump has unleashed, his toxic vulgarity and crudeness that wage a war against our basic democratic and moral values and against common human decency.
Most of all, I am outraged at how Trump and his Republican lackeys, like Abernathy, have abandoned God’s 10 Commandments and Jesus’ Golden Rule to make a bullying coward President. Every day, Trump literally spits on God’s Commandments against lying and against committing adultery. And name me a single Trump tweet or public utterance that reflects “do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
What a gross act of deliberate hypocrisy and dishonesty Abernathy commits by asserting that Roseanne’s show is a case of pitting liberal vs. conservative values. Unless, of course, Abernathy is admitting that conservatives value:
- Packing innocent DACA children into boxcars and shipping them back across the border into countries they have never known
- Telling the flagrant lie that Obama was not a native-born American
- Demeaning the military service of John McCain
- Bragging about sexually assaulting women and calling them bimbos
- Pardoning the thug Joe Arpaio and supporting a child sex pervert to be a U.S. Senator
- Using ethnic slurs against Americans as well as foreigners
- Calling his own daughter a “piece of ass”
- Inciting his followers to violence.
Go right ahead, Mr. Abernathy. Keep telling us that all the above, and much more, is knee-slappingly funny to you conservatives. Reminds me of the day you could say “Martin Luther coon” and get a good laugh.